Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library
Excellence in Teaching, Learning and Scholarship
- Recruit and retain the best and brightest librarians to provide exceptional consultation services.
- Establish a librarian residency program to provide an outstanding on-site educational experience.
- Refresh and replace technology to remain current and cutting-edge.
An Investment in Students
- Expand and enhance online collection of research databases to support undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programs.
- Create seamless access to library services.
- Provide learning opportunities for students to become skilled researchers and develop critical thinking skills as they embark on a journey of lifelong learning.
- Build digital learning spaces equipped with cutting-edge technology and embedded with comprehensive information resources.
Gateway to Silicon Valley and Beyond
- Sponsor exhibits and speaker series on diverse topics of interest to SJSU students, faculty and the local community and make them digitally available to audiences worldwide.
- Digitize special collections and graduate theses, making these invaluable resources easily accessible to our university and the community.
- Promote the cultural heritage of Silicon Valley by celebrating and emphasizing the impact of diversity on this region.
Endowed and expendable funds can be used to support the King Library in this campaign. Examples include:
- Deanship $3 million
- Librarianship $2 million
- Digital Resources Fund $2 million
- Learning and Research Spaces $100,000+
- Opportunity Fund $100,000+
- Programmatic support $100,000+
- Named Library Collections $25,000+