Division of Student Affairs
Excellence in Teaching, Learning and Scholarship
- Support multi-cultural center and diversity training so staff can contribute to a community that is inclusive, accessible and diverse, and thus prepare students to become global citizens.
- Endow LGBT Center to provide a broad array of services for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community on campus.
- Enhance Women’s Resource Center to promote personal and professional development.
- Endow Student Services to expand career development opportunities, support disability resources and adaptive technology, and increase counseling services for all students, including disenfranchised students.
- Endow Student Leadership Program to train leaders of Greek fraternities/sororities and student clubs.
An Investment in Students
- Endow Scholarships for Future Leaders to help recruit and develop top student leaders who can make outstanding contributions to the community through their innovative leadership initiatives.
- Endow Residential Life Programming to create and enhance collaborative learning communities involving students, faculty and staff.
- Contribute to the new Student Center in ways that will build community, create a corridor of inclusion, and provide state-of-the-art technology in a renovated Student Union.
- Contribute to the new Health and Counseling Center to support the health and well-being of students in today’s society.
Gateway to Silicon Valley and Beyond
- Endow Student Leadership Programs to train leaders of fraternities/sororities and student clubs, and advanced peer-to-peer student support and community outreach programs.
- Invest in Economic and Workforce Development by funding student internship, service-learning and other experiential opportunities and support programs, and international and cross-cultural leadership training experiences.
- Endow Capacity-Building Grant Fund to invest in collaborations between Student Affairs, Faculty and Community partners to provide students with unique opportunities for research and real-world application of knowledge.
Endowed and expendable funds can be used to support the Division of Student Affairs in this campaign. Examples include:
- Directorships $1 million
- Scholarships $25,000+
- Centers of Excellence $3 to $10 million
- Opportunity Fund $100,000+
- Programmatic support $100,000+
- Learning spaces and facilities $50,000+