Connie L. Lurie College of Education
Excellence in Teaching, Learning and Scholarship
- Endow Distinguished Professorships and Lectureships for outstanding scholar/teachers who bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- Endow Doctoral Professorship to bring a national recognized teacher/scholar to lead the EdD program in Enterpreneurial Leadership for Education and develop an interdisciplinary master's degree in leadership and administration, e.g., an MBA or MPA.
- Create a Faculty Professional Development Program to advance faculty's use of new technological tools in teaching.
- Fund the development of innovative, school-based, teacher preparation programs modeled after medical residency programs.
- Fund the development of educator preparation programs that address the most critical issues in education, such as autism or creating a college-going culture for all students.
An Investment in Students
- Build a Student Services Center to recruit and support students as they launch their careers in education.
- Initiate a series of conferences and workshops for students focused on topics, such as the role of the arts in education, relevant to their studies in the College and to their future careers as educators.
- Support externships for students in advanced professional programs, such as educational leadership
- Fund merit-based scholarships for students not eligible for need-based funds.
Gateway to Silicon Valley and Beyond
- Invest in pre-service teachers and professional development for educators focused on STEM (Science, technology, engineering and math) education in K-12 schools.
- Fund innovative programs for pre-school and early care teachers to ensure the healthy development and school-readiness of young children.
- Fund the expansion of centers serving adults or children with communicative disorders or other disabilities, such as autism or traumatic brain injuries.
Endowed and expendable funds can be used to support the Connie L. Lurie College of Education in this campaign. Examples include:
- Deanship $3 million
- Chair $2 million
- Professorship $1 million
- Scholarships $25,000+
- Centers of Excellence $3 to $10 million
- Opportunity Fund $100,000+
- Programmatic support $100,000+
- Classrooms and facilities $50,000+