College of Applied Sciences and Arts
Excellence in Teaching, Learning and Scholarship
- Endow faculty positions including opportunities for chairs, professorships and fellowships.
- Establish a Visiting Scholars Program to help provide a different world-view from which resident faculty and students can benefit.
- Establish institutes and centers in areas as diverse as healthy aging to journalism and new media to foster youth initiatives.
An Investment in Students
- Create 21st century learning environments to promote innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship. Capital projects are needed to upgrade and enhance several spaces including the School of Nursing building, clinical simulation lab, food laboratory, and packaging laboratory. Several schools and departments need to be equipped with multimedia labs, SMART classrooms and interactive technology.
- Offer student success programs and opportunities to promote academic excellence and personal and professional development in the form of scholarships, fellowships, mentorships, distance learning, satellite programs and other outreach opportunities.
Gateway to Silicon Valley and Beyond
- Expand international exchanges with universities around the world to enhance learning opportunities for both students and faculty.
- Forge community-based partnerships that allow the college to provide unique services to companies, hospitals and corporate agencies throughout Silicon Valley.
Endowed and expendable funds can be used to support the College of Applied Science and Arts in this campaign. Examples include:
- Deanship $3 million
- Chair $2 million
- Professorship $1 million
- Scholarships $25,000+
- Centers of Excellence $3 to $10 million
- Opportunity Fund $100,000
- Programmatic support $100,000+
- Classrooms and facilities $50,000+