Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering
Excellence in Teaching, Learning and Scholarship
- Establish a Freshmen Chair to strengthen the first-year experience.
- Endow chairs/professorships in emerging technologies and areas of excellence, including bioengineering, green engineering and analog and mixed signal design and test, and specialty areas, such as global supply chain and embedded systems/cyber security.
- Create Teaching Excellence and Research Development programs to further strengthen our faculty’s strong ties to industry and bring real-world experiences to the classroom.
An Investment in Students
- Build an Engineering Student Success Center dedicated to academic and professional development, encompassing academic advisement; MESA; Minority Engineering Program; Women Engineering Program; and Professional Development Program.
- Create undergraduate scholarships and graduate fellowships to attract and retain top talent.
- Promote innovative multidisciplinary student projects that give students the opportunity to hone problem-solving and teamwork skills while getting practical orientation in their field, enabling them to develop innovative solutions to significant societal and technological problems.
Gateway to Silicon Valley and Beyond
- Invest in experiential globalization programs to enrich students’ learning experience and expose them to world-cultures expanding their understanding of the complexity and interconnectedness of the globalized society in a 21st century business environment.
Endowed and expendable funds can be used to support the Davidson College of Engineering in this campaign. Examples include:
- Chair $3 million
- Professorship $2 million
- Scholarships $25,000+
- Engineering Student Success Center $10 to $15 million
- Centers of Excellence $3 to $10 million
- Opportunity Fund $100,000+
- Programmatic support $100,000+
- Classrooms/facilities $50,000+